Green Smoothies All Day Long
Green smoothies have been a creamy, delicious and nutritious part of my “trying to get right” objectives for awhile now. I love a good green smoothie (check out my favorite one: AEL Green Protein Smoothie)! A few months ago, I purchased J.J. Smith’s book, “10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse.” This book has been creating quite a buzz over the past two-plus years because of its high success rate. There are numerous success stories about people losing weight, having more energy and improving their overall health….all in literally ten days!
With all of this in mind, the decision to use it to get an early jumpstart on my Mid-Year, Mid-Life Glow Up Project was a no brainer. I’m really not a huge fan of restrictive “diets,” but since I already drink green smoothies this program appealed to me. I knew that it was something that I had a good chance at completing successfully.
The 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse is a program designed to jump-start your weight loss, increase your energy level, clear your mind and improve your overall health.
Made up of supernutrients from leafy greens and fruits, green smoothies are filling and healthy, and you will enjoy drinking them. Your body will also thank you for drinking them, as your health and energy improve to levels you never thought possible. It is an experience that could change your life if you stick with it!
This book provides a shopping list, recipes, and detailed instructions for the 10-day cleanse, along with suggestions for getting the best results. It also offers advice on how to continue to lose weight and maintain good health afterward.
Are you ready to look slimmer, healthier, and sexier than you have in years? Then get ready to begin the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse!
If you successfully complete the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse, you will:
- Lose 10-15 pounds in 10 days
- Get rid of stubborn body fat, including belly fat
- Drop pounds and inches fast, without grueling workouts
- Learn to live a healthier lifestyle of detoxing and healthy eating
- Naturally crave healthy foods so you never have to diet again
- Receive over 100 recipes for various health conditions and goal
My First Five Days
Here is a quick outline of my experience during the first five days of the 10-day green smoothie cleanse:
- Started my morning with a large glass of water followed by some hot green tea
- Made my Day One smoothie – Berry Green.
- Ate walnuts, two hard-boiled eggs, and carrot sticks.
- Drank my three smoothies and 75 ounces of water throughout the day
- Took three Mag 07 tablets. These tablets are supplements used to promote healthy colon cleansing. They’re very gentle and get the job done (wink)!
- Day one went off without a hitch!
- Weighed myself first thing in the AM and was 1.5 pounds lighter!
- Water and hot green tea in the early AM.
- Day Two Smoothie – Apple Strawberry. Forgot to add the Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder and discovered liked the taste and texture better without it.
- Ate an apple, walnuts, two hard-boiled eggs, carrot sticks and celery sticks.
- Withdrawals (headache and fatigue) started kicking in.
- Drank my smoothies and about 64 ounces of water.
- Took three Mag 07 tablets with water at bedtime.
- Down another 1.5 pounds!
- Water and hot green tea in the early AM
- Day Three Smoothie – Apple Berry. Added the protein powder this time!
- Withdrawal headaches and fatigue were in FULL effect. Felt crappy all day and had no energy. Luckily I was working from home!
- Drank two smoothies. Ended up falling asleep before I could drink the third one!
- Drank about 50 ounces of water and another green tea in the afternoon.
- Ate the same as the day before and took my Mag 07 tablets.
- Lost another two pounds!!
- Withdrawals have subsided. Feeling so much better!
- Day Four Smoothie – Berry Peachy.
- Had to kind of “make” myself drink my smoothies because I wasn’t very hungry.
- Drank 64 ounces of water and a Yogi Detox Tea in the afternoon.
- Ate the same plus a can of tuna fish (which is probably why I didn’t feel as hungry). The tuna fish option is not in the book. Additional foods have been added since the book was released and this is one of them. For more information on additional foods click on this link.
- Started my workout program – 21-Day Fix, a Beachbody program. First workout: Total Body Cardio Fix Took it very easy and modified the entire workout. Still worked up a great sweat!
- Down another pound!
- Day Five Smoothie – Peach Berry Spinach. At this point I decided to stop adding the protein powder to these smoothies. I personally don’t like the taste and it made the texture of the smoothie a bit unappetizing to me.
- Feeling very energized but very sore from the previous day’s workout.
- Meals included two apples, raw cashews, two boiled eggs, a can of tuna fish, carrots and celery sticks.
- Drank 82 ounces of water and a cup of Yogi Detox Tea in the early evening.
- Day Two Workout – 21 Day Fix Day Upper Body Fix. So happy that there weren’t any lower body exercises included because my legs and glute muscles were SO SORE! Still took it easy by using lighter weights (3-5 pounds).
So my first five days ended with a total loss of six pounds so far! This is the longest that I’ve been without coffee and refined sugar in years! This is big for me, especially the sugar part because I have a notorious sweet tooth. I am feeling absolutely great! My initial thoughts is that this is not an easy program, but it is not as difficult as I thought it would be.
I can’t wait to see how the next five days go and what my final results will be! I’ll be sharing my final results with you in my next post. I AM STOKED!!!
*Program description courtesy of the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse book by J. J. Smith.