A Delicious and Filling Low-Calorie Soup
J.J. Smith’s Fat Flush Soup is designed to assist with weaning off of the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. This vegetable soup not only contains a few of my favorites things to eat (sweet potatos, carrots and beans), it “restores the body’s acid alkaline and sodium potassium balance.” It’s packed with nutritious superfoods enriched with antioxidants and fiber that aid with flushing out toxins and fat from the body.
It does all of this plus it’s very delicious and keeps you nice and full.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed (navy beans can be used as well)
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5) can of diced tomatoes (no salt added) – this ingredient is optional
- 4 cups of loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 extra-virgin olive, optional, for serving (1/2 teaspoon per serving)
Add all of the ingredients, except for the spinach and olive oil, into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Add the spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, for approximately 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: If you prefer a thicker soup, after 5 hours of cooking, simply remove 1 cup of soup, along with ingredients, mash ingredients with a fork, return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1 to 3 hours. When serving, drizzle a little olive oil over each bowl of soup (this step is optional).
Note: Olive oil helps the body absorb nutrients more efficiently and supports a healthy digestive system.
I really enjoy eating this fat flush soup and think that you will love it too!